Pellet Stoves Save Energy
Are wood pellet stoves effective in reducing heating bills?
To answer this question, let’s begin with an interesting fact: Harman pellet stoves offered by Cherry Valley Spas were founded on the very premise of saving energy. Out of determination to reduce his family’s high electric bills, Dane Harman, an experienced welder with an eye for architecture, designed and built a wood stove in 1979.
Because it worked so well, neighbors requested stoves for themselves. Dane agreed and became overwhelmed with orders. The Pennsylvania resident eventually outgrew his home-based operation and formed the Harman Stove Company, complete with larger workspace.
Clean and efficient
Harman stoves began with energy efficiency in mind, which is good for the planet. Additionally, wood pellet stoves are the cleanest solid-fuel residential heating appliance, according to energy.gov. But what about heating power and capacity? For these needs, our line of Harman stoves has glowing marks.
Following is a quick rundown, which may help as you start the shopping process. As a footnote, BTU stands for British Thermal Units, a way to measure heating output for various devices in the home or elsewhere.
· Harman’s Absolute Series offers between 14,100 to 61,800 BTUs per hour Input. Efficiency ranges from 78 to 83 percent and heating capacity ranges from 2,400 to 3,400 square feet.
· The P-Series ranges from 12,800 to 71,200 BTUs per hour Input with about 78 to 79 percent efficiency. Heating capacity is 800 to 3,900 square feet.
· Accentra fireplace inserts go from 11,200 to 50,300 BTUs per hour Input with 76 to 91 percent efficiency. Heating capacity is 900 to 2,600 square feet.
· The XXV Pellet Stove offers 49,300 BTUs with 78 percent efficiency and heats 900 to 2,300 square feet.
Data is great, but we realize you may want real-life examples for saving energy. Based on our experiences, some customers in Oldham County, greater Louisville and nearby areas mentioned real savings on their monthly heating bills. Of course, the amount you save depends on a lot of factors, so don’t take this as a blanket statement. But we know these customers reported some very good news with energy savings.
Contact us or visit our showroom, 13206 W. US Hwy 42, and we’ll share everything we know. But it’s safe to say our products pack serious heat, have very accurate temperature controls and are simple to maintain. They also feature glossy colors, glass fronts and stainless-steel finishes.
By that, we mean they’re pretty cool as well.
Calculate your fuel savings
Check out Harman’s Pellet Fuel Savings Calculator. We encourage you to use the tool during the shopping process. It uses inputs to determine annual savings. You can adjust the values to reflect local market pricing.
* Sources: Harman product guides. Exact specifications depend on which model is selected within a given series.